From our experience in the industry we have thrown together a check list of things to do 2 weeks prior to your move to ensure a stress free relocation in the not too distant future;
- Arrange a babysitter for the moving day if required. It is best if they’re out of the house completely, so you’re not distracted and they are safely out of the way.
- Ensure all library books and video rentals have been returned so they don’t accidentally get packed away
- If required, inform apartment concierge and discuss possibility of elevator reservation to ensure there are few delays on the day of your move.
- Arrange parking for the Moving Truck as close to your front door as possible. Long carries can significantly lengthen the time taken to complete jobs.
- Start eating items in the fridge and pantry and try not to buy anything but essentials required for the next 2 weeks.
- Continue and complete packing, remembering the garage, shed or storage spaces as these are often over looked – making sure to write the room destinations on all the boxes for your new house.