At Better Home Removals we care about you. That is why we give you 10 tips to ease up your moving.
1. Pack an overnight bag containing all the essentials.
Chances are, you’ll be too tired to unpack your things. You’ll want your essentials within easy access, including a change of clothes if you’re going back to work the next day as well as all your toiletries. Don’t forget the kid’s school uniforms. It’s also a great way to transport a laptop and personal items.
2. In addition to labelling your boxes, add what room they’ll be going into, as well.
When you arrive at your new home, unpack BY ROOM. The unpacking process will feel more manageable.
And remember to label the SIDES of the boxes, not the tops. This way, you’ll be able to identify them even if they’re stacked.
3. Pack plates vertically, like records. They’ll be less likely to break.
4.Keep sandwich bags handy for holding any small parts of things you have to take apart, like curtain rods or mounted flat-screen TVs.
Tape the sandwich bags to the back of the item they correspond to.
5. Take a photo of how your electronics are connected so you can remember how and where all the wires go.
This may save you an enormous amount of hassle and worry
6. Enlist the color-coding system.
Pick a colour code for each room and label that room’s boxes accordingly. Label the door of each room with the corresponding sticker/tape so that movers know where to place the boxes.
7. It doesn’t hurt to number your boxes.
Make a detailed corresponding list of what’s in each box by number. AND, if there’s anything valuable in there, you won’t be broadcasting it to the world by writing it down right there on the box.
8. If you’re renting, take photos of your cleaned-out old home and your new home before moving in.
This is essential if you ever hope to get your deposit back. It will save you major headaches with difficult landlords who charge you cleaning and repair fees unnecessarily when moving out.
9. Make your last grocery trip two weeks prior to moving.
The more food you end up using before moving, the less you’ll have to throw out.
10. Remember to defrost your refrigerator at least a day before moving and wipe up any liquid.