Better – means being organised
Being well packed will reduce the time of your move and will simplify your unpacking at the new address!
Ways to help with your packing:
- Use only strong removalist cartons. A box designed to hold breakfast cereals is not designed to transport your possessions or fragile items.
- Use plenty of packaging materials, paper and bubble wrap. Towels and bedding can be used for extra protection.
- Avoid packing fragile items at the top of boxes. Put a layer of padding on top of your precious items.
- All boxes must be taped down flat (top and bottom).
- Write “fragile” only on your fragile boxes (not every box can be on the top of a stack).
- Write the room destination clearly on the TOP of the box.
- An inventory list will be very helpful when unpacking, number each box and record the items packed in each.
- If relocating to Storage; writing an inventory list and numbering boxes will assist you when you eventually leave Storage.
An “essentials” box is always good to have with you in your car on the day of the relocation with the following:
Kettle, coffee, sugar, long life milk, mugs, spoons, medications, snack food, can opener, soap, toilet paper, toothbrush, toothpaste, cleaning products, a plug, a torch, clean sheets and towels for use that night, remote controls, phones and chargers and some clothing as though you’re heading away for the weekend.